Have you been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid or suspect you have one?
Looking for a sample meal plan tailored to your condition… one that you can follow right now?
The 14-Day Meal Plan For Hypothyroidism and Weight Loss is a Dietitian-made plan
to help make life easier (and more delicious) when learning what you should and should not
eat with an underactive thyroid.
It’s designed to be:
- Simple to follow for busy folks with many mouths to feed
- Realistic, with recipes that beginners can master
- Gluten-free (which often appears beneficial for those with Hashimoto’s)
- Loaded with nutrient-dense foods (especially spinach and legumes for folate: see the MTHFR mutation link)
- Naturally rich in selenium, zinc and iodine for thyroid health, and vitamin B12 for more energy
- Budget-friendly (except for two worthwhile investments: chia seeds and quinoa).
You can follow the entire plan for the whole 14 days, or simply choose your favourite recipes
and include them into your current diet. Many are recipes from qualified Dietitians that
I strongly encourage you to follow! Note that if you are trying to lose a lot of weight,
I recommend you read this guide as well as this one. Also this is not suitable for those
following the Autoimmune Protocol.
You can still follow this plan if your thyroid is healthy, but then I also recommend browsing
through these 33 low-carb lunch and dinner recipes for more ideas.